Monday, December 7, 2009

Perfect Moment Monday — Satisfaction

I haven’t participated in Perfect Moment Monday before, but I’m too overwhelmed with my amazing 8 day old daughter to write a longer post, and I wanted to share this moment.

I think baby girl is getting ready for a growth spurt. She wanted to nurse for HOURS last night. At one point after sucking steadily for about 30 minutes, she let go of my nipple, turned her head to the side, smacked her lips, and let out a satisfied, “Aaaaaah!”

These are the moments I want to remember. I’ve waited so long for her, I want to drink in these simple moments.

She's sleeping next to me right now, but I've been hearing the unmistakable sounds of her filling her diaper. So I'm off to partake in another mommy moment.

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

Keep up the great work! Gotta love those mommy moments!

Chelle said...

I was just stopping by after the wonderful Cherish This Baby awarded you on her blog. Congrats on the BEAUTIFUL baby girl. It is great to hear you are doing so well during your first days of motherhood. They really are magical and pass by way too quickly. Enjoy each and every second. :)

MFA Mama said...

Awww...I am BASKING in this! So very happy for you, Dora.

Lori Lavender Luz said...

That is truly a beautiful, perfect moment. The times you are in now are so fleeting, because a newborn changes so much every single day.

I'm glad you are marking and enjoying the moments so much!

'Murgdan' said...

That made me smile. :-)

Bella said...

Awwww, that is a perfect moment! Congrats!!

Orodemniades said...

Aww, so sweet! Congratulations again. She's lovely.

George said...

YIPPEE - she's here! I'm so very happy for you..she's just precious! These first few days/weeks are so glorious...enjoy them!

Kristin said...

Oh how wonderful. Truly, truly a moment to treasure and remember.

Brandi said...

Lap them up, because soon she will be busy doing other fun mommy things, as I am quickly finding out myself! :)

Genkicat said...

I am just so very happy for you!

Cara said...

Oh Dora. Teary with this post. The fact that you bask in early morning moments of fatigue is only because the road you walked to get this far was full of potholes. I am so happy for you. I am so pleased she is nursing well. Drink her in!!

Eb said...

oh man, that is so cool!!
Eb

Eb said...

btw: i think you are in NYC? if you need anything just let me know - once i am up and around next week I will happily run errands for you
Eb