Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Miss Strawberry Shortcake

I admit it, I’m taking some perverse pleasure in driving my family a little crazy. I won’t tell them the name(s) I’ve chosen for baby girl. As I commented on Cassandra’s post about names, although I’ve told others, I just don’t want to hear my family’s opinions.

They know that I’m naming her for my father (among others, see this post), and that her first name will start with an “s.” Last week my sister was fishing for the name, and admonished me not to give her an unusual name like “Apple.” Well, I was visiting with my family over the weekend and told them that since my sister mentioned that, the idea is growing on me. So I told them I decided to name her “Strawberry Shortcake.”

Well, you know she’s going to be delicious! Nom, nom, nom, nom!

11 comments:

Baby Smiling In Back Seat said...

After the food or the cartoon character?

Both are good choices.

Nom nom!

battynurse said...

How funny. I'm sort of with you on not telling people what the name is before hand. That way you don't get the negative input.

Mrs. Gamgee said...

I agree with not telling names until the little one makes an appearance. I'm terrible at keeping secrets, but this is one that is not negotiable. Good for you for teasing them!

Kristin said...

Bwahahahahaha...I love your sense of humor!

Michelle said...

LOL I think it is good you are not telling people. It will be a nice surprise. Although if I were your family it would drive me nuts too. :)

Eb said...

LMAO
I would go the extra mile and really make up some crazy name. Placenta Jane! Or Lama Lemonade.
Have fun.

..al said...

Ha Ha...now if only your family could find a way to secretly get inside your brain and read the baby's name!

Sweetpea Swusky Swooohhaaa!

AnotherDreamer said...

Tehehe :)

Anonymous said...

I used to have a little Strawberry Shortcake doll that smelled delicious. If you name her that, maybe she'll smell sweet All. The. Time. It's sure to work.

Mmmmmmm, Strawberry Shortcake.

decemberbaby said...

Mmm... strawberry shortcake...

No matter what you name her, she'll be delicious. You won't be able to stop yourself from nibbling constantly.

Single Mom Seeking said...

Love it!! It's amazing how one's parents can have strong opinions about EVERYTHING when it comes to their grandparents... my parents were so worried that I'd have a boy (I didn't want to know the sex) just because of the name I'd chosen: "Stoney."

But she was a girl... and they loved the girl name!