Sunday, October 25, 2009

Darling daughter, would you please stop kicking mommy in the stomach?

Sorry, this is kind of gross.

First time barfing during this pregnancy, and it's in the third trimester! Baby girl is head down and likes to stretch out. I'm short, so her feet have been right up against my stomach and diaphragm. My reflux had been under control until recently (thank you, nexium), but no more. Particularly when I lie down. Once I lay down, I've been regurgitating. Even when it's been quite a while since I ate. I've raised the head of the bed a bit, which was helping somewhat. But for some reason, last night was bad. I kept having to sit up quickly as I felt the gorge rise. Then at one point it was too much ... mad dash for the porcelain.

Is this what I get for dodging morning sickness?

8 comments:

Heather said...

Ugh, I'm so sorry! Hopefully she knocks it off soon! :)
(Maybe I should be glad I'm tall?!)

Bella said...

Wow....that's some bad reflux/baby pressure! Hope it gets better!

battynurse said...

Maybe that's her opinion on dinner? I hope she stops it soon.

Io said...

Oh dear! She couldn't let you off, could she?! Hope she decides to stop kicking your stomach.

Quiet Dreams said...

Ouch! So sorry! I think that Heather above might have a point about the height thing. I have a close friend who is quite short (5 ft no inches :)), and had similar problems toward the end of her pregnancy. Hope it gets better for you.

Aunt Becky said...

Hopefully she'll drop soon. The end of pregnancy is every bit as miserable as the beginning.

Michelle said...

I have GERD and that happens to me many times when I get really bad acid reflux. It sucks and I have not figured out much to help.

I hope it gets better for you.

Anonymous said...

Ohhhhhhhhhh, maaaaaan. So unfair. Maybe she'll just stay fetal for a bit and give you a break.....