Monday, June 8, 2009

Mel’s Show and Tell — A Special Gift


Had a chance to visit with some friends in the DC area this past weekend. Thursday night had dinner with an old college friend. Even though her 8 year old daughter REALLY wanted to come, we explained that it was a grownup dinner. (Also, due to her disorganization, we didn’t wind up going to dinner until after 9:30! Alright, little rant here, I got a message from her in the afternoon asking if I could take the metro out to her burb (about a 45 minute ride) after I arrived. Uh, no! I’m pregnant, just had injections in my feet the day before, and left my apartment at 9am to travel to DC!) Her daughter gave my friend the sweetest drawing and note to give to me.
I think I’m in the clear on this one. As of the last ultrasound, the tail was gone, so I think I can safely assume it will be a girl or a boy.

Don't forget to check out what the rest of the class is showing!

P.S. 13 weeks today!!

12 comments:

Kristin said...

What a sweet present and WOOHOOOO to 13 weeks!

Baby Smiling In Back Seat said...

The DC metro is one of the best anywhere, but I hear ya on not wanting to schlep.

Hope you enjoyed the rest of the trip.

Happy lucky 13!

calliope said...

woooo!! 2nd trimester, baby!!
now where the eff is your ticker? bwha ha ha.
xo

Michelle said...

Oh what a sweet present!

13 weeks already YAY!!!

Lollipop Goldstein said...

Cracking up over the caption on the picture (oy...what if it would have been an alien had the child not had that hope?) and really sad that I missed you.

The Steadfast Warrior said...

Okay, I've been making the rounds but I'm WAY behind on checking out your new digs.

Love the drawing (don't you just love getting them from kids?)!

Congrats on 13 weeks and your tiny dancer. Glad you're doing well. No advice on the hair as mine has actually gotten better.

Anonymous said...

yay! 13 weeks! Woot!

Billy said...

Cute picture :-)

And 13 weeks! That is so great!!

battynurse said...

How cute.

Beautiful Mess said...

Awww how sweet! I love that picture, too cute!
YAY for 13 weeks! Keep on growing strong for mommy, little one!
*HUGS*

AnotherDreamer said...

That is precious :)

Queenie. . . said...

That's just great!