Tuesday, September 25, 2012

I Should Have Done This Months Ago!


Had my epidural injections yesterday morning. It was very different than the epidural I got during labor. It was done under fluoroscopy, with fine needles on both sides of the spine. It hurt, but not as bad as I anticipated. Definitely not as bad as the facet injections I’ve had. The dr told me I’d be sore, and to expect the injections to take full effect in a few days. But even though I was quite sore, I felt the difference right away. I went home and took a long nap, then spent some time sorting through Sunshine’s clothes. Bagging up the outgrown items and organizing the Fall clothes. I’d done a little of this Sunday night, and was in a lot of pain just from folding things. Doing it yesterday evening was easy! I feel like a different person! There’s still some pain, but I’m reassured knowing I will probably feel even better in a few days.

Started Mobic (7.5mg) this morning. The three days leading up to the injections without NSAIDs convinced me that I really need to be on a strong anti-inflammatory. Thanks so much for all the support!

3 comments:

MeAndBaby said...

I'm just catching up and wanted to say how happy I am that you are feeling better!!

Tiara said...

So glad to hear your pain has been eased up.

Melissia said...

So glad that you are feeling better, you deserve to! If the Mobic does not seem to do the trick at 7.5mg talk to the doc about bumping it up to 15mg. Some people take that dose as well, just depending on how they respond to the medicine and their level of pain. I hope you are 100 percent better soon.